Caring Counselling Services Website and GDPR Privacy Statement
The data controller is Caring Counselling.
Caring Counselling is registered with the Information Commissioners Office
The following information about you is collected from my website:
This website uses what are known as 'cookies'. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. Cookies are used in order to make websites work efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site about the amount of visits to the website
Cookies known as 'session cookies' are temporary cookies stored during your browsing session. These cookies allow you to browse the site and are deleted from your device when the browser is closed.
My website host, Webhealer, collects behaviour patterns of website visitors. This does not identify individuals but gives me stats on the number of site visits and the number of specific page views which helps me to analyse the effectiveness of my website.
Website 'contact me' button
No information from the 'contact me' button is stored by the website.
I will use the personal data of your email address in order to contact you regarding your enquiry to Caring Counselling. I will retain the information for the period we are in correspondence and then it is deleted as confidential waste.
I do not use the information you supply via the contact me button for marketing purposes or share with third parties unless I am required to by law.
Please be aware that sending information by email is not secure , so please ensure that sensitive personal information should not be shared in an e-mail
Google servers are based in the US. Gmail ,as part of Google, is covered by the US privacy shield (this is a level of approved security to pass information from UK to the US) so by definition your personal data of email address and IP address may go outside of the EEA. https://www.privacyshield.gov/list
General data protection regulation
GDPR information for Caring Counselling.
This statement gives information on how I collect, store or share/process your personal data including special category data.
What information do I collect?
Should you choose to become a counselling client, I will collect your:
• Contact number
• Emergency contact name and number
What do I use this information for?
All client information is used as point of contact and emergency contact information while you are in counselling.
I will use your mobile number to notify you in case of emergency cancellation/ bad weather etc.
Do I share/store your personal data?
I will use your data in relation to the delivery of my services, and it will not be used for marketing purposes or sell to third parties . Only in specific circumstances will your data be shared, these circumstances are as set out below.
1. It may be necessary during the counselling relationship for me to break confidentiality . The reasons for the breaking of confidentiality are specifically safeguarding reasons, serious harm to self or others, acts of terrorism or drug trafficking/money laundering. The personal data shared will be adequate and proportionate, which means the minimum required. Your information may need to be shared with health professionals & emergency services if appropriate.
2. Clinical will. In the event of my death or becoming incapacitated ,a family member will pass a sealed envelope from my secure storage containing names and contact details of my current clients to my clinical supervisor. This will enable my supervisor to contact my clients re my situation and to discuss their counselling options going forward, in order to keep you safe. My clinical supervisor follows the same strict confidentiality system .
1. It may be legally necessary to share your counselling notes if I am issued with a court order.
2. I will keep anonymous counselling notes from our counselling sessions in compliance with the requirements of my
professional insurance and the limitation act. Special category data 9 (f) processing is
necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or
whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity.
3. I will need to keep all my financial records, for the purpose of tax returns, for a period of 7 years.
If you request me to share your counselling notes or any of your information with medical professionals or your
How long is information kept about you?
(Data Retention Schedule)
1. If you decide not to continue with future counselling sessions following your assessment session , I will dispose of your information as confidential waste after 14 calendar days.
2. If you decide you would like to continue with counselling, I will keep your anonymous counselling notes, and, in a separate file, your name and email address for 7 years after your last session, to comply with the requirements of my professional insurance.
All personal and sensitive information is stored as confidential data in a locked filing cabinet All personal and sensitive information will be destroyed at the end of the data retention period as confidential waste.
Your rights under GDPR
• Right to be informed
• Right to access
• Right of rectification
• Right to erasure Not applicable - lawful reason/ legal obligation
• Right to restrict processing
• Right to data portability Not applicable - lawful reason legal obligation /legitimate interest
• Right to object Not applicable - lawful reason/ legal obligation
• Rights related to automated decisions
Please note that the ICO states that these are not all absolute rights:https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
If you would like to ask me any questions or have any concerns regarding my use of your data, you can, if you wish to, discuss it with me in the first instance . Please e-mail me : [email protected] . You also have the right to complain to the information commissioner’s office ICO. 0303 123 1113
This privacy statement is kept under regular review. April 4th 2020 V1
Privacy statement :
Canvey Counselling, Canvey Island, Essex SS87LU Contact 07848 234635 Email: [email protected]